[infowar.de] OSI doch nicht tot?

Erinnert sich noch jemand? OSI, das "Office for Strategic Influence",
das nach =F6ffentlicher Kontroverse wieder eingestampft wurde....
Aber nur der Name wurde wohl aufgegeben, nicht aber die Funktionen.
Gemeint ist damit aber wohl auch nicht das OGC "Office of Global
Communication", das den Perzeptionskrieg gegen den Terror im Ausland
unterst=FCtzen soll, das ist n=E4mlich bei Weissen Haus angesiedelt und
nicht im DoD. Also was ist es? Wir d=FCrfen gespannt sein....
-Olivier

Jedenfalls sagt der Verteidigungsminister Rumsfeld in einem
Pressbriefing dazu heute diese hier:

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Nov2002/t11212002_t1118sd2.html
DoD News Briefing
Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld
Monday, Nov. 18, 2002

(En route to Chile; material in brackets was inaudible as taped
and has been paraphrased by individuals who attended the event.)

(...)
Q:  [Admiral Poindexter?]

Rumsfeld:  Well, you know it recalls to memory the front-page
stories across the nation about weapons in space last year. The
next morning I was prepared to brief about the space commissions
organizational recommendation. Cartoons followed, op-ed pieces
followed.

Then of course when the military commissions came up, the
immediate response was, I think it was something like "oh
summary executions, torture!" I can't imagine who would say
something like that. But that is what was said and "what has
happened?"  We've had a perfectly rational group of very
distinguished legal experts, both political parties of all
political persuasions, have come together to advise us and we've
made our announcements of how we're going to plan on how to
handle these things if and when somebody is heaved over the
transit to us, and everyone's now relaxed.

And then there was the office of strategic influence. You may
recall that. And "oh my goodness gracious isn't that terrible,
Henny Penny the sky is going to fall." I went down that next day
and said fine, if you want to savage this thing fine I'll give
you the corpse.  There's the name.  You can have the name, but
I'm gonna keep doing every single thing that needs to be done
and I have.

That was intended to be done by that office is being done by
that office, NOT by that office in other ways.
(...)

-- =

Dipl. Pol.
HSFK Hessische Stiftung f=FCr Friedens- und Konfliktforschung
PRIF Peace Research Institute Frankfurt
Leimenrode 29 60322 Frankfurt a/M Germany
Tel +49 (0)69 9591 0422  Fax +49 (0)69 5584 81
http://www.hsfk.de                         pgpKey:0xAD48A592
minkwitz -!
- hsfk -