[infowar.de] US-Cybersicherheitsstrategie kommt später

Ihr erinnert Euch: Die im September veröffentlichte Version war
offiziell nur als "Draft" gekenntzeichnet.
Vgl. dazu <http://archive.infopeace.de/infowar.de/msg03228.html> sowie
diverse Mails davor und danach.
RB

December 19, 2002

Feds Delay Launch of Cyber-Security Plan

By  Dennis Fisher

The White House's cyber-security arm will not release the next draft of
its National Strategy to Secure Cyberspace by the end of the year, as it
had originally planned.

The President's Critical Infrastructure Protection Board, which produced
the strategy, is still going over the comments submitted this fall on
the original draft. No specific date has been set for the  release of
the next version of the document.

"We're hoping to get it out there soon," said Tiffany Olson, deputy
chief of staff at the PCIPB in Washington. "There's no timetable, but
it'll be early next year."

The board released the first draft of the strategy in September, and the
public comment period lasted until mid-November. A number of security
vendors and other software and hardware vendors  submitted comments.
Olson said the board now is working to find a way to release all of the
comments it received without identifying their authors.

"We got a lot of great comments and a lot of interaction, which shows
people care," she said. "We're trying to find a process to release the
comments publicly. That's  our hope."

Richard Clarke, chairman of the PCIPB, held a series of town hall
meetings around the country to discuss the strategy and give the public
a chance to voice its concerns.
  Olson also disputed a comment in a report released this week that said
the draft national strategy had never been approved by the entire PCIPB.
The comment was part  of a report done by the Advisory Panel to Assess
Domestic Response Capabilities for Terrorism Involving Weapons of Mass
Destruction, which was established by  Congress.

"I have no idea what they meant by that," Olson said. "I know that the
full board has met several times and no agency has ever disputed [the
strategy]."

The report was highly critical of the Bush administration's information
security efforts in general and specifically criticized the national
strategy as being "a small step  indeed."