[infowar.de] SummerCon 2003: Hacker-Konferenz in Pittsburgh, 6.-8. Juni

SummerCon 2003
June 6th, 7th, 8th 2003
Pittsburgh, PA

Come out and meet your favorite hackers, phreakers, phrackers, feds,
2600 kids, cops, security professionals, U4EA, r00t kids club, press,
groupies, chicks, conference whores, k0d3 kids, convicted felons, and
concerned parents! It?s time again: SummerCon will be held June 6-8,
2003

Pricing:
Pre-registered: $30
At the door: $40

Scheduled Speakers:
If you would like to speak, send an email to papers -!
- summercon -
 org with
information about what you would like to speak on. We are in the
process of compiling the speaker list, but we still need more
speakers.

Rules:
Don't do anything your parents wouldn't approve of.
Damage or destruction of hotel property will not be tolerated.
No crashing wedding parties at the hotel.

Hotel Information:
The conference will be held at the University Club of Pittsburgh. They
have been very good to work with, and have demonstrated a much more
cooperative spirit than last year's hotel in Washington D.C. They even
have 802.11b access available to the public! Other amenities include
free parking, in-room coffee, continental breakfast, dining room, and
a workout room with sauna.

The University Club of Pittsburgh
123 University Place
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Phone: 412-621-1890
Toll Free: 1-877-299-1890
Facsimile: 412-621-8382

I can assure you that the University Club is not used to having large
numbers of computer security enthusiasts roaming their hotel. "The
premises also feature a computer for internet use," does not mean that
it must be systematically taken apart.

The hotel is holding a limited number of rooms at a discounted rate;
when you call them, let them know you are attending SummerCon to
receive the discount. Act fast, rooms are limited!

There are several other hotels located within walking distance of the
University Club.

Holiday Inn Oakland
100 Lytton Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-682-6200

Wyndham Garden Hotel University Place
3454 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-683-2040

Hampton Inn University Center
3315 Hamlet Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-681-1000

Residence Inn
3896 Bigelow Blvd.
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-621-2200

Sunnyledge Hotel & Restaurant
5124 5th Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15232
412-683-5014

About this year's conference:

SummerCon 2003 will be held at the University Club of Pittsburgh, June
6-8. The University Club is just two walking minutes from the offices
of CERT, and situated conveniently between the University of
Pittsburgh and Carnegie Mellon. Pittsburgh offers free wireless access
at many coffee shops, cheap beer, and fighting robots. While
Pittsburgh isn?t as exotic as some of our previous venues, it offers
many quality attractions at good prices. And cheap airfare, too.

It has always been our contention that cons are for socializing.
"Seekret Hacker InPh0" is never really discussed except in private
circles, so the only way anyone is going to get any is to meet new
people and take the initiative to start interesting conversations.

Because of this, the formal speaking portion of SummerCon will be held
on one day, June 7th, not two or three, leaving plenty of time for
people to explore the city, compare hacking techniques, or go trashing
and clubbing with their heretofore unseen online companions.

If you want to commit crimes, if you are interested in pulling fire
alarms or breaking things, don't come to this con. We aren't here for
that, and you shouldn't be either. If you want to learn new things,
meet new people, and drink a beer or twelve, this con is for you.

For more information, online registration, and past conference
information, go to www.summercon.org. Questions can be directed to
info -!
- summercon -
 org -
  We look forward to seeing you in June.

SummerCon is the oldest of the annual computer security conferences.
Its origins are well tied to the early years of Phrack Magazine, a
mainstay of the hacker community. More information about SummerCon
2003 is available at www.summercon.org. Members of the media wishing
to find out more about SummerCon should send e-mail to
media-relations -!
- summercon -
 org -