[infowar.de] 'Dirty tricks' campaign against UN Security Council delegations

http://www.observer.co.uk/iraq/story/0,12239,905936,00.html

The Observer
Talk about dirty tricks?
Martin Bright, Ed Vulliamy in New York and Peter Beaumont
Sunday March 2, 2003

The United States is conducting a secret 'dirty tricks' campaign against
UN Security Council delegations in New York as part of its battle to win
votes in favour of war against Iraq.

Details of the aggressive surveillance operation, which involves
interception of the home and office telephones and the emails of UN
delegates in New York, are revealed in a document leaked to The Observer.

(...)

The text of the NSA memorandum detailing the US plan to bug the phones
and emails of key Security Council members: