[infowar.de] Hackers bombard US sites, pasting anti-war messages

Hier ist doch etwas zu den Hacker-Attacken. Naja... das übliche in
solchen Kriegszeuten, oder?
RB

http://www.irna.com/en/head/030329170806.ehe.shtml

Hackers bombard US sites, pasting anti-war messages

New Delhi, March 29, IRNA -- As Baghdad continues to be pounded by US
forces, the cyber war too has intensified with more and more hacker
groups defacing websites and pasting anti-war messages, local press
reported on Saturday.

On Friday alone, a record number of over 2,000 sites were vandalized
by little-known hacker groups, taking the total number of sites coming
under digital attack to around 30,000 ever since the war began.

Aljazeera.net, the online version of the Arabic news channel which has
been beaming the devastation in Iraq, has come under a `patriotic'
attack obviously by an American hacker who identified himself as
`Patriot, Freedom Cyber Force Militia'.

Though the site managed to put up its original within a short time,
the patriot had indeed left his mark supporting the US-led war.

Another hacker group `gl0b4l', on Friday attacked more than 2,000
sites and pasted a rather interesting massage. "Don't get me wrong. I
am not against the US, I am against war. Innocent soldiers and
innocent people are going to die. Long Live US, In Peace, In One
Piece'.

The hacker apparently brought down a server and all the sites hosted
on it. However, he did not appear to have damaged any data on the
sites.

The other hacker groups active today were TechTeam (whose message was
`Stop war...only innocent people die'), Ironic Boys (`We want peace.
No war USA sux), NHC, USG, Renjana and dum.my and tum.my. The
well-known defacement mirror site, zone-h.org, had posted all the
defaced sites on seven pages. Generally, the defacement list does not
go beyond two or three pages, even when hackers are most active.
IND/AH End

-
The information and commentary is Copyright 2002, by the individual
author.
Permission is granted to quote, reprint or redistribute provided the
text is not
altered, and the author and attrition.org is credited. The opinions
expressed
in this mail are not necessarily the opinion of all Attrition staff
members.

Commentary Archive: http://www.attrition.org/security/commentary/
The Attrition Mirror: http://www.attrition.org/mirror/attrition/
Country/TLD Statistics:
http://www.attrition.org/mirror/attrition/country.html
Attrition Defacement Statistics:
http://www.attrition.org/mirror/attrition/stats.html
Operating System Graphs:
http://www.attrition.org/mirror/attrition/os-graphs.html

Other Web Defacement Mailing Lists:
http://www.attrition.org/security/lists.html
Contacting Attrition Staff: staff -!
- attrition -
 org

To subscribe to Defaced Commentary, send mail to majordomo -!
- attrition -
 org
with "subscribe defaced-commentary" in the BODY of the mail (without
quotes). To unsubscribe, include "unsubscribe defaced-commentary" in
the BODY of the mail.