Subject: [Infowarcon] Infowar/InfowarCon News  July 16, 2003
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 23:30:38 -0400
From: "Betty G. O'Hearn" <betty -!
- interpactinc -
 com>
To: infowarcon -!
- lists -
 getinsightnow -
 com

Infowar/Infowarcon News for 7/16/03

1.  InfowarCon forms synergy with Terrorism Research Center
2.  Program news for InfowarCon
3.  Infowar.Com   gaining in members and traffic!
4.  Security Awareness Programs

----------
1. InfowarCon forms synergy with Terrorism Research Center

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Marcia Maslo
203/840-5398 v
mmaslo -!
- reedexpo -
 com

Reed Exhibitions announces the formation of  two strategic alliances to
fortify "InfowarCon"

(NORWALK, CT July 2003) - - - -  Reed Exhibitions, organizers of the
InfowarCon and TRCcon events (Sept. 30 -Oct. 3, Renaissance Hotel,
Washington , DC), has formed two strategic alliances with Winn
Schwartau,
founder of the InfowarCon event, and Matthew Devost, president and
co-founder of The Terrorism Research Center (TRC). The result of these
alliances will enhance InfowarCon's comprehensive international
conference
on Information Warfare, Homeland Security, Critical Infrastructure
Protection and Counterterrorism and bring the latest research and
information to the event.

As part of this alliance, Schwartau cancelled his relationship with MIS
Training Institute in late 2002, in order to better expand InfowarCons
offerings and create new opportunities with synergistic organizations
like
the Terrorism Research Center (TRC).    InfowarCon and its partnership
with
TRC will offer an outstanding series of programs and tutorials and over
40
hours of topical and technical presentations from todays leading experts
in
their fields. The faculty is composed of  Brian Michael Jenkins,
Sebastian
Junger, Robert Young Pelton, Dr. Robert Bunker, Walter Purdy, Matthew
Devost, Winn Schwartau, Douglas Dearth and many more. Celebrating
its10th
anniversary with the presentation of InfowarCon 2003, conferees may
attend
InfowarCon or TRCcon individually or purchase a Superpass allowing full
access to both events. In addition, InfowarCon will also overlap with
Reed
Exhibitions National Summit on Security (NSS) to take place Oct. 1 3 at
the
Washington Convention Center offering one of the most comprehensive
gatherings of international, national, and corporate security
professionals
determined to protect their organizations and their governments from
internal and external security threats.

TRC is the unquestioned leader in the study of terrorism today. I am
exceedingly proud to be working with TRC in expanding our offerings and
mutual franchises. No other conference event offers such an opportunity
as
this partnership now provides,stated Winn Schwartau. TRC has been
involved
with InfowarCon since 1996 when the company was founded and has
established
itself as the premiere organization for research, analysis, training and
assessment on counterterrorism and homeland security issues, with many
of
their programs receiving national acclaim.

Matthew Devost echoed the sentiments, "Our business model provides for
teaming with best of breed  partners such as InfowarCon and Reed
Exhibitions to provide attendees with an unparalleled access to
expertise
on topics that will be  critical elements of national and corporate
security agendas over the coming decade."

We expect this year to be a blockbuster event,said Scott Temple, vice
president, Reed Exhibitions. We felt that combining the strengths of the
three organizations core competencies, we could better meet the
expectations of an increasingly demanding public and government
consumer.

Schwartau, TRC, and Reed Exhibitions are currently planning on the
growth
of  InfowarCon and TRCcon both domestically and internationally.
According
to Temple, as we firm-up our plans, we will be communicating these to
the
industry over the next several months.

  For further information on InfowarCon and TRC, click here:
<http://www.infowarcon.com/>www.infowarcon.com and

<http://www.trccon.com/>www.trccon.com  For InfowarCon/ TRCcon
sponsorship
opportunities or to exhibit contact:  Michael Alessie, Sales Manager at
203-840-5387 or <mailto:malessie -!
- reedexpo -
 com;>malessie -!
- reedexpo -
 com;
or
Matthew G. Devost, <mailto:TRC -!
- terrorism -
 com>TRC -!
- terrorism -
 com
at  703-626-0672.

InfowarCon

Founded by Winn Schwartau in 1994, InfowarCon has grown into the premier
international Information Warfare event. It has assembled a full team of
international experts from thirty-plus countries such as the United
States
Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), National Infragard Protection
Center
(NIPC),  InfraGard, Air Force Information Warfare Center, U.S. Secret
Service, Electronic Crime Task Force, IW Battle Lab, Northrup Grumman,
Terrorism Research Center, National Defense University, the Governments
of
England, Canada, France, Belgium, Switzerland, Japan, Russia, and
countless
leaders of Congress and the private sector.

Terrorism Research Center, Inc.

Founded in 1996, the Terrorism Research Center, Inc. (TRC) is an
independent institute dedicated to the research of terrorism,
information
warfare and security, critical infrastructure protection and other
issues
of low-intensity political violence and  gray-area phenomena. The TRC
represents a new generation of terrorism and security analysis,
combining
expertise with technology to maximize the scope, depth and impact of its
research for practical implementation.

The TRC provides core expertise in terrorism, counter terrorism,
critical
infrastructure protection, information warfare and security (including
design review, technical assessments, policy development and review, and
training), vulnerability and threat assessment (red teaming), systems
engineering, encryption, intelligence analysis, and national security
and
defense policy.

As a public service, the TRC also operates a public web site
(<http://www.terrorism.com/>www.terrorism.com and
www.homelandsecurity.com)
that receives over 5,000,000 hits per month and is used by researchers
worldwide. It is linked to over 6000 sites on the Internet and has been
cited as a source by CNN, the Washington Post, the New York Times, the
Christian Science Monitor, Foreign Policy, Terrorism and Political
Violence, Newsweek, National Public Radio (NPR) and other news media,
professional associations, and academic journals and books. Global media
web sites such as CNN.com, as well as Official US Government web sites,
regularly list the TRC as a sole private source for online information.

Reed Exhibitions

Reed Exhibitions is the worlds largest organizer of business-to-business
events. Each year Reed plans and executes over 450 events worldwide.
Reed
has the highest number of top 200 shows ranked by Tradeshow Week
magazine.

A member of the Reed Elsevier plc group, a world-leading business and
information provider, Reed offers integrated market access programs
covering exhibitions, trade publications, direct marketing and the
Internet
over a database of 3.5 million in North America. Headquartered in
Norwalk,
CT, Reed also has offices in Newton, MA; Palm Beach, FL; Las Vegas, NV;
and
Toronto, ONT (Canada).

For registration, program details and updates are posted on
<http://www.infowarcon.com/>www.infowarcon.com, www.trccon.com,
<http://www.terrorism.com/>www.terrorism.com, and
<http://www.infowar.com/>www.infowar.com.

DISCLAIMER

The proposed MIS Conference, The Forum on Information Warfare is NOT
InfowarCon" which is a Trade marked international event now celebrating
its
10th Anniversary. The MIS event is not endorsed or supported by
InfowarCon,
Winn Schwartau, Interpact, Inc., Betty O'Hearn, Doug Dearth, White Wolf
Consulting, Matthew Devost, The Terrorism Research Center, TRCcon,
NiceKids, Security Experts.

----------
  2.  Program news for InfowarCon/TRCcon

Infragard Members can enjoy a discount if attending InfowarCon.  Contact
Betty O'Hearn,  betty -!
- infowarcon -
 com or call 727-360-4061.

Keep up to date with the evolving agenda for
InfowarCon.
http://www.infowarcon.com/App/homepage.cfm?appname=100206&moduleid=451

TRCcon agenda will be listed in about 7 days.   www.trccon.com

Cyber wargames will be back hosted by Tim Rosenberg of White
Wolf  Consulting, We will also offer Hacking 101 and a forensics
workshop
that will utilize data from the wargames.

This year, a real live UAV will be showcased across the street at the
Washington Convention Center with another expo you can participate in
for
free.  News on that later.

If you would like a brochure mailed on either conference, please write
betty -!
- infowarcon -
 com for InfowarCon  OR   for TRCcon, write
Betty -!
- terrorism -
 com -
   Include your complete snail mail address.

Don't forget we offer student discounts!

----------
3.  Infowar.Com gaining members and traffic!

In less than four months, we have over a thousand members and traffic
picking up daily.  Be a part of the forums and sign up.  Start a thread
participate.
Send any articles for me you want in What's New OR
Announcements.  betty -!
- infowar -
 com -
    Add your jokes to the Humor Forum.
(
Clean please!)

----------
4. Security Awareness and Complete Computer Based Training

Winn has been busy writing courses for our CBT offerings.  We also can
taylor a Security Awareness program that fits your IT budget.  Need
poster
art OR screen savers.  Get them free at www.getinsightnow.com.
Write us if you have any SA needs.  Winn -!
- thesecurityawarenesscompany -
 com
or
Betty -!
- the securityawarenesscompany.com

Have a great day!

Betty

Betty G. O'Hearn
Executive Assistant to Mr. Winn Schwartau
Security Awareness Programs
727-360-4061 voice
407-650-3106  fax