Betreff: Invitation to Hacking for Phun
Datum: 20 Feb 2002 18:05:02 -0800
Von: auto321959 -!
- hushmail -
 com (H4P)
Firma: http://groups.google.com/
Foren: alt.2600,alt.hackers.groups,alt.hack.nl,alt.ph.uk,de.org.ccc

####################
# Hacking for Phun #
####################

 Do you have some computer hacking or telecomms phreaking skills ?
 Were you exploited by the .dot com bubble ?
 Are you feeling listless and bored ?
 Do you want some purpose in life ?

Join Hacking for Phun !

Hacking for Phun are inspired, in part, by:

Dark Tangent's Open Letter to the Community

 http://www.defcon.org/TEXT/9/open-letter-dc9.txt

Hakim Bey's Temporary Autonmous Zone

 http://www.t0.or.at/hakimbey/taz/taz3a.htm#labelPirateUtopias

We have noted. with interest, and alarm, the number of people who signed
up
for the notorious Kim Schmitz's YIHAT scheme.

Amongst the obvious fools, there did seem to be some sincere people,
with some level of computer hacking skills, or at least with access to
equipment and bandwidth.

We would like to attract a small number of such people, from around the
world,
to help us with some non-commercial projects, which we are working on
e.g.

 exploration of computer and telecomms networks,
 pro bono vulnerability audits on systems outside of your own country,
 gathering of information for conversion into knowledge and power,
 setting up hard to trace privacy infrastructures,
 human rights projects.
 hactivist protests (but done using skill, knowledge and style),
 training wargames

You can choose to participate in as many or as few projects as you wish,
and we are open to suggestions for new projects.

We probably do not intend to do anything that is more than borderline
illegal,
but this depends on worldwide legal jurisdictions and local laws.

We offer:

 The chance to learn some hints and tips by working on projects with
more
 experienced mentors (although of course, nobody knows *everything*,
 no matter what impression they try to give).

 An opportunity to judge for yourself how risky such projects may be to
you,
 and what the benefit of carrying them out might be to others.

 Internet privacy and anonymity techniques.

 Media and Public Relations spin - a press release is worth a thousand
emails.

 Practice at deciding if other members of the group are agent
provocateurs
 or criminals, and if this matters for the particular projects you sign
up for
 (this could actually be the most phun!)

All of the above should be of value to you, in any case, but there will
also be
some (initially small) financial rewards available as well.

You should be able to offer:

 Hacker spirit and ethics
 Hacker obsessiveness, attention to detail, engineering problem solving
 and lateral thinking
 Willingness to learn, to teach, to share
 Geography, Timezones and Jurisdictional borders

You should not be:

 a complete beginner
 an operating systems or hardware brand snob
 31337

You could be:

 a script kiddy who wants to progress, but who needs some help
 an undertrained, underfunded, cyber law enforcement officer
 a cyberpunk or cybergoth
 a hacker dilettante with a normal, well paid job,
 but who wants to dip into the grayzone at weekends
 multilingual (most of us speak English, but we do understand several
other
 languages)

If you are interested, then demonstrate some minimal skill,
by sending us an email PGP encrypted with our public key (c.f. below),
ideally with your PGP public key
(or use another free encrypted Hushmail account) to

 auto321959 -!
- hushmail -
 com

We will then start the process of establishing a level of mutual trust
and secure communications channels.

c.f. www.pgpi.org for free copies of PGP software suitable for most
platforms.

Our PGP public key is available on PGP keyservers such as

http://pgpkeys.mit.edu/

We do not plan to take ourselves too seriously, because we are only -

# Hacking for Phun #