[infowar.de] Infosec und Department of Homeland Defense

Das Weisse Haus hat einen Report herausgegeben, in dem die mit der
Errichtung des Department of Homeland Defense verbundenen
organisatorischen Änderungen beschrieben sind. Bedroffen sind auch das
NIPC und das CIAO.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/deptofhomeland/book.pdf

Auszug:

Our nation's information and telecommunications systems are directly
connected to many other critical infrastructure sectors, including
banking and finance, energy, and transportation. The consequences of an
attack on our cyber infrastructure can cascade across many sectors,
causing widespread disruption of essential services, damaging our
economy, and imperiling public safety. The speed, virulence, and
maliciousness of cyber attacks have increased dramatically in recent
years. Accordingly, the Department of Homeland Security would place an
especially high priority on protecting our cyber infrastructure from
terrorist attack by unifying and focusing the key cyber security
activities performed by the Critical Infrastructure Assurance Office
(currently part of the Department of Commerce) and the National
Infrastructure Protection Center (FBI). The Department would augment
those capabilities with the response functions of the Federal Computer
Incident Response Center (General Services Administration). Because our
information and telecommunications sectors are increasingly
interconnected, the Department would also assume the functions and
assets of the National Communications System (Department of Defense),
which coordinates emergency preparedness for the telecommunications
sector. [p. 15f.]