[infowar.de] MEMRI 12.10.05: On Islamic Websites: A Guide for Preparing Nuclear Weapons

Rubrik: Kurioses bis infantile Propaganda, bzw Psyops, fragt sich nur von wem

mfg

GS

http://memri.org/bin/latestnews.cgi?ID=SD100405#_edn1

Special Dispatch Series - No. 1004
October 12, 2005 No.1004
On Islamic Websites: A Guide for Preparing Nuclear Weapons

Alongside the numerous documents posted on Islamist websites on how to prepare various types of explosives, "An Encyclopedia for the Preparation of Nuclear Weapons" has recently appeared on such websites. The "Encyclopedia" was posted on October 6, 2005 on the Islamist forum Al-Firdaws [1] ("Paradise"), by someone whose nom de guerre is Layth Al-Islam ("The Lion of Islam"). A link to a slightly different version appeared on October 9 in a Yahoo! discussion group called " mujahedon." [2]

The "Encyclopedia," which contains nine lessons in approximately 80 pages in Arabic, was published under the title "The Nuclear Bomb of Jihad and the Way to Enrich Uranium" and was presented as "a gift to the commander of the Jihad fighters, Sheikh Osama bin Laden, for the purpose of Jihad for the sake of Allah."

The "Encyclopedia" was published as "a scientific research by Jihad Fighter No. 1," who wrote: "For the past two years, I have been studying nuclear physics through various scientific forums and Jihadist forums. Similarly, I have been studying the technology of missiles and various types of explosives and explosive devices.

"I believe that the strategic balance of Jihad fighters from a military point of view cannot change without proper scientific progress. However, this kind of progress, along with the [necessary] experiments, require laboratories. Therefore, my brother the Jihad fighter, I have tried to present experiments that are simple and within your capabilities, or, as is commonly said, [that can be conducted] in the kitchen."

The "Encyclopedia," states:

"Perhaps nuclear weapons represent a technology of the 1940s. However, the Crusaders ­ the allies of Satan, Allah's curse be upon them ­ insist upon depriving the Jihad fighters of the right to [have] these weapons. But now the Jihad fighters have acquired technological skills that enable them, with Allah's help, to understand this [nuclear weapons] technology. Thus, they are able to make a major leap forward in producing this kind of strategic weapon, even in the kitchens of their homes.

"What is important now [to recall] is that the nuclear device is a bomb with special qualities, which requires means for its transportation to its final goal ­ whether it be carried by an airplane or a missile. Hence, it is very important to acquire knowledge about missiles as a means of carrying and launching.

"I shall begin, with Allah's help, with a number of lessons, starting with the clarification of the idea, until we reach the [stage of] experimentation and implementation, with the support of Allah's might."

The nine lessons that follow the introduction include a historical survey of the development of nuclear science, explanations about natural radioactivity, the nuclear qualities of certain materials, critical mass, the construction of nuclear weapons, and the extraction of radium.

The "Encyclopedia" opens with Koranic verse 9:14 -15: "Fight them so that Allah will punish them at your hands and will put them to shame and will give you victory over them, and will heal the hearts of a believing people, and will remove the anger of their hearts. Allah forgives whoever he wishes, for Allah is omniscient and wise."

[1] http://alfirdaws.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5268&page=1&pp=10.