[infowar.de] European Conference on Information Warfare and Security, 1.-2. Juni in Helsinki

http://academic-conferences.org/eciw/eciw2006/eciw06-home.htm

ECIW 2006: The 5th European Conference on Information Warfare and Security

National Defence College, Helsinki, Finland
1-2 June 2006

Conference Co-Chairs: Professor Aki-Mauri Huhtinen, National Defence College, Helsinki, Finland, and Dr Catharina Candolin, SET-Security Oy, Finland

Programme Co-Chairs: Dr Auli Keskinen, National Defence College, Helsinki, Finland, Jari Rantapelkonen, Rauno Kuusisto, and Tuija Kuusisto, Finnish Defence Forces

Keynote Speaker: Professor Douglas Kellner, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), USA. “The media spectacles in Information Warfare”

and: Professor Hannu H Kari, Helsinki University of Technology, Finland. “Utilizing data networks in stealth attacks"

The conference this year is being hosted by The National Defence College, Helsinki.

It is an honour for us to welcome you to the 5th European Conference on Information Warfare and Security to be held in Helsinki, Finland. Finland is a typical example of a small, high tech society, and the questions of information threats and security are increasingly relevant. We hope you will have an excellent time both at the conference and also enjoying the long days of the Finnish summer season and the historical atmosphere of downtown Helsinki.

We hope we can continue this traditional conference with a new and unique perspective, and we warmly welcome you to attend this excellent academic community.

Aki-Mauri Huhtinen
Conference Chair

Registration News

Early bird registration closes on 3 April 2006

Special reduced rates for Supervisors and Students attending together

Special reduced rates for group bookings

Your contacts for this conference are:

Academic enquiries: Professor Dan Remenyi dan -
remenyi -!
- tcd -
ie

Submission enquiries: Elaine Hayne elaine -!
- academic-conferences -
org

Registration enquiries: Charl Walters charl -!
- academic-conferences -
org

Other enquiries: info -!
- academic-conferences -
org

To receive notifications about this conference please click here hazel -!
- academic-conferences -
org

Publication Opportunity
Selected papers from the Conference will be considered for publication in a special issue of the Journal of Information Warfare: http://www.jinfowar.com

Conference status
A list of abstracts selected to the conference can be found on the abstracts selected page.

The blind review process is now underway and should be completed by 27th March 2006. Final papers are due 17th April and a preliminary timetable will be released on 26th April.