Betreff: FC: History revisionism at FEMA site -- Operation TIPS vanishes
Datum: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 10:25:52 -0500
Von: Declan McCullagh <declan -!
- well -
 com>
Rückantwort: declan -!
- well -
 com
An: politech -!
- politechbot -
 com

Everyone remembers Operation TIPS, right -- the citizen-informant
program?
Some background:
http://www.politechbot.com/p-03894.html

A detailed webpage about TIPS used to be here:
http://www.citizencorps.gov/tips.html

It's been mysteriously deleted. I've copied it from Google's cache and
mirrored it here:
http://www.politechbot.com/docs/tips.deleted.112002.html

I wonder if the case of the disappearing TIPS has anything to do with
the
Department of Homeland Security bill:

http://www.house.gov/rules/homeland.pdf
>SEC. 880. PROHIBITION OF THE TERRORISM INFORMATION AND PREVENTION SYSTEM.
>Any and all activities of the Federal Government to
>implement the proposed component program of the Citizen
>Corps known as Operation TIPS (Terrorism Information
>and Prevention System) are hereby prohibited.

-Declan